Thursday, March 23, 2006

He held me up when I could barely stand

When I came to Holy Rosary, I was 7 months pregnant & had strayed many years ago from God.



Shortly after I joined the parish, my first born son Samuel was born still. Not only was I devastated by a tragedy that I could not begin to understand, I was very angry at the God I had longed to find again. Father Sarkies came to my side & held me up when I could barely stand. My family was embraced not only by him but by the church community. Father Sarkies taught me what grace was and worked with me through my anger. His love and understanding led me to find grace that I was desperately searching for. My husband had never stepped into a church before this & he began to attend from time to time. He always wanted to be sure to see Father when he attended. Since our tragedy, I became a catholic and this is all part and parcel to Father Sarkies loving hand that he held out to me so many years ago.



I am deeply saddened to see a man who has done so many wonderful things for so many people suffer. Our father in heaven is weeping. Lord bring him back to our parish where he belongs.



-Jodie Underwood

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jodie, I too remember your story about the help that Fr. Sarkies gave you. He gave me your name when I had miscarried and was very very low. Both our first born son's share the same name: Samuel. Both you and Fr. Sarkies gave me much needed support.

Velma Jones-White

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home