Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I did not always agree with Fr. Sarkies


I did not always agree with Fr. Sarkies. Which is a good thing--you think more about things when you disagree. Sometimes I had some sleepless nights thinking about homily topics, or the From the Pastor's Desk, or the Progress Columns.



Whether I agreed or disagreed with him, I believed, and still do believe, in the basic integrity and good in the man.



I am a bit of a clam around authority figures, so I doubt I ever spoke more than a sentence to him in person. But in my mind I certainly had some long discussions! At last night's "Town Meeting" I had a bit of a start when the priest referred to Father Sarkies as "Father Jeff." There is an air of natural dignity about the man, and "Father Jeff" gave me a bit of a giggle. I cannot ever fathom walking up to Father Sarkies, slapping him on the back, and saying, "What's happenin' Father Jeff?"



I certainly do not believe in the charges against him. I would sooner believe in flying monkeys, or the earth reversing its rotation.




-Gina Terrana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home