Thursday, March 16, 2006

Touching Our Lives

Father Sarkies has touched many lives, young and old, in his 40 years as a priest. He baptized my son, gave my daughter her first communion and has ministered to my aging mother. I am truly bewildered that a man of such kindness and compassion can no longer be with us. I pray that I can let go of my anger and look ahead, following Father Sarkies’ own example as a true servant of Christ.


He was integral in rebuilding the Holy Rosary Church interior, following the fire of 1997. Once again, our church and community will need to rise from the ashes, but I believe that he has instilled, in all of us, the faith and strength to take on the challenge. The heart and spirit of Holy Rosary Church and school will be with him forever.


"Only in God is my soul at rest, in him comes my salvation...my strong-hold, my Savior, I shall not be moved." Only In God by John Michael Talbot, based on Psalm 62.

-Name withheld by request

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home